Easier.com is a consumer facing website offering product news, tips, advice and insight across the following sectors: auto, finance, lifestyle, property, technology and travel.
In 2009 Easier was driven by a variety of Perl scripts and had grown to hold tens of thousands of news articles. Clearly the original codebase had been outgrown, and the client wanted to take the project forward enriching the content with linked data, improved semantics and more opportunities for generating advertising revenue.
- Optimised and scaled Symfony build.
- Clean URL structures.
- Semantic search engine optimised HTML structure.
- Nested set category structure.
- Various degress of caching (via memcached) including partial and full page caching.
- Sphinx powered search.
- Thumbnail generation via ImageMagick.